Blog Archive

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Aram Ruhig


Aram Ruhig, born 1982, Tehran, Lives in Zurich

I have been at the „Institute for the Intellectual Development of Children and Young Adults“ (IIDCYA) from 7 to 16 and have been inspired by the theaters, books, toys, workshops, movies and Artists which worked and produced there like Abbas Kiarostami and many others. 
I have studied fine Art from 2009 to 2014 and graduated in Zurich.  
Since 2011 I have been the Curator of RuhigRaum (Silent Room, Exhibition space in living room of flat).  
http://ruhigraum.blogspot.ch/

..................................................................................


"My "I" is quiet, but it records everything."

I, 
the room. 
I, the room. 
I designate myself as room. 
Silent room (RuhigRaum) is: the rooms I have been living in. 
I have been working in these rooms. 
My work is: search, 
that is the search itself which I'm interested in, 
the processes of my life and their connections among themselves are a sign of something. 
Through my search in these rooms they have changed more and more, 
more and more they hint at something, 
yet this something cannot be grasped, 
this something is silent. 
This something lives in the silence. 
I wish however that one can experience this in the rooms. 
I am the room and I would like to be experienced by people entering the rooms I have shaped. 

An open room am I, 
it's about the lines, colours, structures and compositions that influence me, and I cannot ignore them and I don't want to have to ignore them, because my life always takes place in these rooms, 
thus I have a connection to everything, 
but sometimes there is a conflict relationship with a lot of characteristics of the rooms, 
and through the conflict, arises an act that I absolutely want to perform, 
and here the image or the word comes to my help.

It's about an alienated view on life. 
A life and a view upon between dream and reality. 
Perhaps it is, about a pending decision, 
to communicate, to participate or precisely not.
Foreign to me is a lot around me 
or maybe I am the foreigner.

Aram Ruhi Ahangarani

..................................................................................


"Mein Ich ist ruhig, es zeichnet aber alles auf."

Ich, 
der Raum, 
Ich der Raum. 
Ich bezeichne mich als Raum. 
RuhigRaum ist: die Räume, die ich bewohne. 
Ich arbeite in diesen Räumen, 
meine Arbeit ist: suchen, 
das ist die Suche selbst, die mich interessiert, 
die Prozesse meines Lebens und deren Verbindung untereinander deuten  auf etwas hin. Durch meine Suche in diesen Räumen haben sie sich immer mehr verändert, 
sie deuten immer mehr hin auf etwas, 
jedoch das Etwas kann nicht gefasst werden, 
das Etwas ist ruhig.  
Das Etwas lebt in der Stille. 
Ich will aber, dass man dies in den Räumen erleben kann. 
Ich bin der Raum und möchte, dass man mich erfährt, 
indem man die Räume betritt, die ich gestaltet habe.

Ein offener Raum bin ich, 
es geht darum, 
dass die Linien, Farben, Strukturen und Komposition in den Räumen mich beeinflussen, und ich kann sie nicht ignorieren und will sie auch nicht ignorieren müssen, da sich mein Leben immer in diesen Räumen abspielt, 
so habe ich mit allem eine Beziehung, 
es gibt aber manchmal einen Beziehungskonflikt mit vielen Eigenschaften von den Räumen, 
und durch den Konflikt entsteht ein Akt, 
den ich unbedingt aufführen muss, 
da kommt das Bild oder das Wort mir zu Hilfe.

Es geht um eine befremdete Sicht auf das Leben. 
Ein Leben und eine Sicht darauf zwischen Traum und Realität. 
Vielleicht auch um eine schwebende Entscheidung, 
zu kommunzieren, teilzunehmen, oder eben nicht.
Fremd ist mir vieles um mich 
oder vielleicht bin ich der Fremde.  

Aram Ruhi Ahangarani